Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Throwing tantrums

  (it's hard to believe I can be so ornery)
It's been a while since I've posted, sorry.  We are still in the process of finishing (read: never will end) house and my summer classes started last week, and I had a shower, and blah, blah, blah.  Something the Hendryx household has been dealing with lately, though, are tantrums in public.  You give me a reason and he'll throw a tantrum for it.  So, as you can imagine with our endless home improvements this requires many a trip to Lowes/Home Depot.  As you can also imagine, this also means endless tantrums in the ______ (insert noun here).  So, I've taken to internet connection realm for help.  I've received a ton of positive feedback and some great advise.  It was put to the test this week when Zack and I had to run to the mall AND Sams Club all in one trip.  He was an angel at the mall.  Mainly because it was the first place, he could walk, and it took less than 5 minutes.  However, I made sure to let Zachary know how proud I was of him and to make a big deal out of the sales associates comments on how cute and well behaved my child was.  On to Sams.  I was more worried about this place because I needed to have a cart and as of late, Zachary hates being put in the cart.  So, I decided to let him push the cart on his own.  He loved it!  We got in and out of Sams with no problem.  I told him before we left the house what the plans were and that if he was good he would get something "special."  I made sure not to say snack or toy or anything because I was not sure.  Well, the diapers that I needed has a Disney Sing Along with Mickey and Friends.  Perfect!  I opened it up when we got to the truck and he was able to hold the CD cover and listen happily as Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy sang Row, Row, Row your Boat.  We may be on to something here!!  

Next, church...

No comments: